Dear Artists, We declared August a “Vacation from E-newsletters” month, but I thought I should drop you a line and let you know. Kim
Here are a couple items of interest:
23rd Annual Miniature Arts Show – MonDak heritage Center, Sidney, MT
120 3rd Avenue, SE
Sidney, MT 59270
email@example.com for entry form – This is not a juried entry; prizes will be awarded. $10.00 for first piece, $8.00 for each additional piece.
Deadline for receipt of all artwork: October 25, 2013
The Art Scene Gallery – Dillon, MT
Southwest MT Area Artists Invitational – Fine Arts and Crafts
Work accepted August 4th thru September 18th, 2013
$15.00 first entry; $5.00 each additional entry, limit 3.
For additional questions contact: Lou Copeland: Manager 406-925-0730
· I work for the GRAMMY Foundation, and we have launched our 2014 Grant Cycle and are now accepting Letters of Inquiry. We support efforts that advance the archiving and preservation of the recorded sound heritage of the Americas for future generations, as well as scientific research projects related to the impact of music on the human condition. I would love to hear if you have any ideas about how to get this information out to those seeking music related Grants in Montana. The GRAMMY Foundation® Grant Program is generously funded by The Recording Academy®. To date, the Program has awarded over $6 million to more than 300 noteworthy projects and we are entering our 27th year of Grant giving. Please let me know if you and your organization may be willing to help us spread the word. I will be more than happy to send you copy for any type of web or newsletter posting you may have in mind.
Artists & Writers:
Opportunity for Scholastic Art & Writing Awards Alumni, for artists working in any genre. We want to invite you to apply to the Art.Write.Now POP-UP! A week-long residency, the pop-up will feature one artist creating work in the main Scholastic Store display window on Broadway in SoHo, NYC.
Location: Soho, NYC
Dates: September 29 – October 6, 2013
Deadline: August 31, 2013
Costs & Support: No costs. $1,000 stipend and material support
· Must be an alum of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
· Must be available September 29th to October 6th
· Must be able to work within a public-facing enclosed space
· Must be at least 18 years old to apply
The Art.Write.Now.POP-UP! will function as a short-term residency to commemorate the launch of the 2014 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. The week long residency will feature one Art & Writing Awards alumni artist creating works or an experiential environment in the Scholastic flagship store main display window. The pop-up is a new opportunity for our alumni to reconnect with the Awards, increase support and exposure, and connect with the Scholastic employees, the city of New York, and our vast audience of partners, affiliates, students and teachers.
Senior Manager, Development and External Relations
Alliance for Young Artists & Writers
Tel 212 343 7717
New York, New York 10012
The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers presents The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards: Celebrating 90 years as the most prestigious recognition and scholarship program for teenage artists and writers in the U.S.
· Glimmer Train’s Short Story Award for New Writers; Deadline for entries: August 31, 2013