A great resource for art emergency prep and recovery….
September is National Preparedness Month:
Here Are Six Easy Ways to Get ArtsReady
As summer winds down and we all begin the fall season, it’s wise to include crisis planning in your schedule. Here are six items that don’t take long at all:
1. Make an appointment with your insurance agent to make sure your coverage is up to date before fall programming kicks in.
2. Take a tour of your facility, making sure that alarms, fire extinguishers, emergency signage and other safety devices are easy to see, operational and current.
3. Download a handy mobile app that will help you keep tabs on bad weather, emergency situations, or police activity in your area.
4. Make sure you have a current crisis communications plan. Samples are available in the ArtsReady Library.
6. JoinArtsReady. Our online platform guides you through developing a customized plan. Twenty-three local, state, regional and national partners offer discounts. Learn more >>.